I have a 25 liter (5.5 gallons) fermenter i intend to do a 30 bottle 22.5 liters (5 gallons) wine kit i dont?

I dont have a 30 bottle size bucket for the open to air first ferment but the fermenter i have has a large openig about 5 inches (135CM) as there will be room left in the fermenter As i am only useing 22.5 liters (5 gallons) of the 25 liter (5.5 gallons) capacity can i do the first ferment in this if i remove... show more I dont have a 30 bottle size bucket for the open to air first ferment but the fermenter i have has a large openig about 5 inches (135CM) as there will be room left in the fermenter
As i am only useing 22.5 liters (5 gallons) of the 25 liter (5.5 gallons) capacity can i do the first ferment in this if i remove the cap and cover with a tea towel or somethink..
The after 10 days siphon the win into the 2 x15 liter (3.3 gallon) buckets i do have clean the fermenter of sediment pour the wine back in
And then start the second ferment with lid on and a air lock put into the hole in the fermenters lid.
Hope you can help.
Brett