promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
?
Lv 6
? asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 8 years ago

What would the GOP say if Obama put conditions on the questions reporters could ask of him?

Why does it not bother the GOP when Romney does it?

Romney:

"You can't ask questions about my taxes".

"You can't ask questions about business experience".

"You can't ask questions about my religion".

"You can't ask questions about abortion".

"You can't ask questions about Todd Akin".

"You can't ask questions about specifics in my programs".

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The GOP would be saying the President is "secretive" indecisive" "covering up" "hiding the truth" "has ulterior motives" etc. etc. Wait, that sounds like Romney

President Obama will answer most questions providing they don't apply to national security issues etc.

It should make all US Voters think twice, when a Presidential candidate refuses to release requested tax returns especially when the Candidate's wife and campaign state that it would do Romney more harm than good. I doubt there is anything illegal in those earlier returns but there is something there that would effect Romney's credibility. Perhaps he didn't report those off-shore account until 2009 when an amnesty was declared on "failure to report offshore accounts". Another amnesty was applied to 2011 returns, perhaps there a few more off shore accounts Romney forgot to report on his 2009 and 2010 returns. Romney has not yet released his 2011 return as promised and as he will have to do.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The president would be accused of unconstitutional behavior by the GOP and conservatives if he were to spell out topics that he will not tolerate being asked. There are ways to steer the conversation without saying out loud not to ask about certain topics. Romney is so indelicate he just doesn't understand that and thinks he can dictate the rules of engagement like a CEO can in a business meeting. He is hopelessly clueless.

• 8 years ago

Dog eater Obama is the worst president ever,Cant get anything done,blames bush and republicans,useless as a leader.wants to rob medicare of 780 billion dollars then bankrupt it 5 years later,he needs to go,

• 8 years ago

Obama already does that. Romney is just demanding a level playing field with Obama.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

He did. Just this week when he took questions from the press corp.

Why are you intellectually dishonest?

• Alonzo
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Right wingers don't care.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

change your name from supastar to dumb ***

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.