Hit my head several years ago, still feel a soft spot?

I have hit my head twice in my past and I am a little worried about it. First was when I was nine years old. I slipped on some ice in the parking lot of my dad's store, and hit the back of my head. I had a little concussion, but not severe enough to see a doctor. I have a small lump from that injury, but I do... show more I have hit my head twice in my past and I am a little worried about it. First was when I was nine years old. I slipped on some ice in the parking lot of my dad's store, and hit the back of my head. I had a little concussion, but not severe enough to see a doctor. I have a small lump from that injury, but I do not think that caused any problems. The second injury was about 5 years ago, I was bending down to grab something. When I stood up, I banged my head really hard on a pole that was above me. Since then, I have not told my doctor because I have not felt any major repercussions, but I am wondering if it caused any problems that I don't know about. I still feel as if there is a soft spot, and I am a little worried that that will not heal. Don't tell me to "go see a doctor". Obviously I know to bring it up next time I am at the doctors office. But I am wondering if I should worry about anything before hand? Like I say, it was several years ago, and I haven't felt any problems except for the small soft spot at the top of my head, and the small lump (most likely calcium buildup) just above the soft spot. Will the soft spot heal on its own?
2 answers 2