Possible fractured tooth WHO should I go see? general dentist or endodontist?

I saw a cosmetic dentist - he told me I have a fractured tooth under my crown because I was bleeding from the root. He did not take x-rays. Should I go see a general dentist or to an endodontist?
2 answers 2