Could you rate my college essay?

This is just a rough draft of an essay for college. I would appreciate it if you could give feedback or anything of help. This is my first one written. Be gentle. An experience is defined as a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something. But an experience is much more than just... show more This is just a rough draft of an essay for college. I would appreciate it if you could give feedback or anything of help. This is my first one written. Be gentle.

An experience is defined as a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something. But an experience is much more than just undergoing something. Experiences shape who we are as an individual, they are our past and help to shape our future. Experiences are filled with memories with which all people feed off of. Experiences whether good or bad, can change lives.
In the summer of 2012, I was given the opportunity to become a United States Student Ambassador through the People to People program. This program was created by Dwight D. Eisenhower to help promote peace throughout the world by sending young adults across the globe to experience different cultures. I was sent to Australia. In the country, I was not just another tourist with a camera. Instead I was learning about another culture, experiencing life through the eyes of a different nationality. I found that even though I lived over 8,000 miles away from these people, we were able to get along, have a conversation, and even compare each others lives. Even though I was the visitor to the other country I gave them the opportunity to experience something new, because for most, I was the first American they had ever met.
While in Australia, I participated in numerous activities that changed my view of things. I was able to rappel down a 200-foot cliff, and learned that no matter whether I had made it down or not I would have succeeded, for failure is only a perspective. I went scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef, where I saw the largest ecosystem in the world flow brilliantly. No matter what was going on above the water, down there, under water, life seemed simpler. I also hopped with kangaroos and held a koala. I talked with Aboriginal people and learned a totally different subculture within the Australian culture. I stayed with an Australian family and lived a real Australian life. I was not there for long but the experience will stay with me forever. Apart from the activities I participated in and the lessons learned from them, were the people I met. I met friends I will probably keep for the rest of my life.
My experience shaped who I am because I was able to learn that no matter how big this world can be, no matter how challenging life is, it is actually very simple. Simple as the experience of rappelling down a cliff or swimming in the ocean. Because life is simply an experience.