im scared of ghosts help please :(?

lately i've been terrified of ghosts and spirits. i beleive in spirits and half unsure on ghosts. i can't sleep in pitch black, so i have fairy lights round my mirror in my room, but lately ive been getting really freaked out, i hate looking in the mirror in case i see a figure or something, and small things like the light flickering really creeps me out even though its normal. i have loved ones who have passed and as much as i would love to contact them i pray to god that they don't decide to visit me because i would be scared for life. i just can't deal with it. my family have had ghost experiences, especially my mum and the thought just scares me so much. right now i can't sleep because i'm terrified and i just need some reassurance or if any of you are on the same wave length as me, please help:/ or if you think they're real and i have one can you tell me how to politely tell it to go away and not get angry please. no one has died in this house as we've been here since it was first built so its not that.

Favorite Answer

I know it may seem hard (especially if you're a spiritual person like me), but try to think logically. I'm fairly sure you don't have a ghost on your hands, although I wouldn't know for sure unless I was actually there. It sounds like you're just a little bit paranoid. And I feel the same way about spirits; I'm interested in them, but the thought of one haunting me gives me chills. I have some tips to calm you down.

-Remove big mirrors from your room or just make sure the mirror is out of your line of sight. I would only use small make-up type mirrors if I were you.

-Wear a cross necklace (or whatever necklace or item that makes you feel safe) to reassure you that you're protected from the darkness.

-If you leave lights on, it costs more money for one thing. Also, if you were haunted, leaving the lights on would make you see the image. If it's dark, you won't be able to see anything scary. Try listening to music (through headphones preferably) in case there are noises.

Remember, there are many differences between ghosts and spirits. There's also other things mistaken for ghosts and such.

A "ghost" is the soul of a dead person, a disembodied spirit imagined, usually as a vague, shadowy form, wandering among or haunting living persons. In my opinion, a spirit is the term that should be used for the living, because when a spirit has lost its body, it becomes a ghost. I think the soul and spirit are basically the same thing. However, souls and spirits are often mentioned when referring to the dead. It really all depends on what you think.

There could also be the chance that you may be seeing a phantom. Phantoms, in my thoughts, are an appearance or illusion without material substance, as a dream image, mirage, or optical illusion. But they could also be a ghost. In most cases, though, a phantom is usually a figment of a person's imagination.

Ok, for one take a deep breath. Have you? Ok, now just think about something happy for a few moment because this may not help. Nobody had to die in the house for the house to be haunted. Someone could have died on the property itself. Now, since saying that, it may or may not of ever happened. Ghost and Spirits are the same thing, darling. There is no reason to be scared of them, most don't even know they're dead. You can put a sheet over the mirror so you don't have to look at it. You can add other night lights around the rest of the room. If you're still scared, talk to someone, anyone. Sometimes it's easier to have a pet sleep in your room with you. If it's still bothering you email me at 2015naomi.bertram@gmail.com

Source(s): Stuff that I already knew
  • JENNY

I believe your problem has less to do with the spiritual realm and more to do with obsession.

I have a very similar problem and I think I can help.

When you begin to think about things that scare you,

Especially at night,

Visualize a giant STOP sign.

Concentrate on it. Pushing all other thoughts out of your mind.

If one about ghost comes up, immediately start the STOP sign.

It may take a couple days,

But eventually, your thoughts will change.

Every time your thoughts start to turn to ghosts,

A giant STOP sign will pop into your head.

Its much easier to control your fear when you have a little control over obsessive thoughts.

Best of luck. I know its tough,

But you are far from alone.

• CF

The dead cannot come back to haunt the living. -Ecclesiastes 9:5-10; Psalm 146:3, 4.

Satan, together with his demon hordes, is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (Revelation 12:9; 16:14) How? To a large extent, by means of the “teachings of demons.” (1 Timothy 4:1) These false teachings, often religious in nature, have blinded the minds of millions to the truth about God. (2 Corinthians 4:4) Consider some examples.

The teaching that the dead are still alive. By means of apparitions, voices, and crafty actions, the demons deceive people into believing that the living can communicate with the dead. Moreover, this clever deception tends to give credence to the lie that a soul survives the death of the body. However, the Bible plainly states: “The dead are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6) Having ‘gone down into silence,’ they are unable even to praise God.—Psalm 115:17..

How can you protect yourself against wicked spirits? The Bible answers: “Subject yourselves . . . to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7) We heed that injunction when we live by the teachings found in the Bible, the only sacred book that fully exposes Satan, the demons, and their “crafty acts.” (Ephesians 6:11, footnote; 2 Corinthians 2:11.

James 2:19:

You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder.

hi

Don't worry if ur so worried about ghosts and demons ask around and find out if someones a witch. If you find one ask them to give you a necklace or put a protection spell on you and on ur house. Then they wont come in your house and if you get a necklace, they can only touch you if there not trying to harm you.

Source(s): Knowledge

My advice is to stop being afraid of them. My brother and deceased animals come to visit me. I have also had my sister in law visit(husband's deceased sister), and brother in law visit(husband's deceased brother). Your deceased loved ones do visit you. Make your deceased loved ones feel welcome. Why don't you want them around? Talk to them like you would if they were living.

There are a lot of doubters on here saying this stuff isn't real. Ignore them. They may not want to see their deceased loved ones again, and that's a shame. I will ve more than happy to have them visit me.

Night light.

Or toss that cross in the trash.

• Gary K

Join your local skeptics group. Ghosts NEVER bother skeptics.

Funny that...