Why do atheists embrace their belief when it promotes suicides and mass murders?

If you believe nothing lies after death, that you are just another ant in the world, doesn't that just enforce a child's belief that her life is unimportant? The suicide rate is ever higher, it rises on par with atheism and other immoral same-sex beliefs.

Furthermore, mass murderers and public shooters tend to be atheist as well. Why do they do that? Because they know they aren't getting any kind of punishment once they die. They believe death is a way out and therefore they can do whatever the hell they want once they decide to end their life journey, which is wrong to believe for many reasons.

So not only does atheism promote suicide and violence, but it gives people no reason to live besides personal gain and lust/pleasure. Remember the volumes of mass murderers before atheism was so common? I don't either, that's because they never happened.

Oh really? Animals do this too? A lion goes out and kills 20 lions before killing himself? I must have missed that story.

No true Christian would go on a killing spree, so any proof you add of "Christian killers" would be illogical as they would not really be Christian, only claiming to be

doesn't that just enforce a child's belief that her life is unimportant?

- Only to brain dead fundies who have nothing out side of their fantasies.

The suicide rate is ever higher, it rises on par with atheism and other immoral same-sex beliefs.

- You need to stop reading fundie captions and try reading something intelligent.

Furthermore, mass murderers and public shooters tend to be atheist as well.

- Yes, all six of them, but then you are forgetting the religious nuts that flew into the twin towers.

Why do they do that?

- I have no idea, how about if you ask half the popes that ever were or Hitler the staunch catholic.

Because they know they aren't getting any kind of punishment once they die.

- And that is the only think preventing you from going zombie on us.

They believe death is a way out and therefore they can do whatever the hell they want once they decide to end their life journey

- Interesting that you have all this insight to their psyches that no one else has. Could it be that you think just like them?

So not only does atheism promote suicide and violence, but it gives people no reason to live besides personal gain and lust/pleasure

- Absurdly stupid conclusion from absurdly stupid arguments of ignorance.

Remember the volumes of mass murderers before atheism was so common? I don't either, that's because they never happened.

- You are right, it was the good christians slaughtering everyone.

No true Christian would go on a killing spree,

- But then it is your opinion that counts right?

so any proof you add of "Christian killers" would be illogical as they would not really be Christian, only claiming to be

- So all of those good christians who are following the EXACT words of the bible and slaughtering thousands of children in Africa really aren't christians.

• Greg

The most interesting thing to me is this. I was reading something the other day about asian countries and it got me curious as to what the suicide rates are in those countries. I was curious because I realize they are athiest and figured the numbers were high.

Turns out I was right on the mark. They have the highest suicide rate. It doesn't surprise me a bit. They are a very materialistic society mixed in with poverty and forsaken people. People like myself, who believe in God, understand the difference between a life full of happiness supported by spending money, and a life without money, but still with hope and community.

A materialistic life is one upon a pedestal. When the money runs out, you fall. And when you do, you fall hard. But a grounded life, the way it was intended to be, doesn't have far to fall. When things go bad, you already know how to cope.

You are correct in that atheism promotes of self revolving life. It creates a large gap where empathy is supposed to reside. This kind of society would literally destroy itself in time. I know this because it has happened before a very long time ago. Public schools and corporate media aren't allowed to inform people about many events that occurred in the past. The reason is because our government, corporations, and other rich entities have an agenda to strip away religion to breed a completely consumerized, cold hearted society full of spenders. They want us to become parts of a machine. Modern slavery. The knowledge of the past is the key to squashing the rich filth that lives in the world. Not a single President of the United States has power. He is nothing more than a salesman for the secret agendas that are concocted in the shadows. While the Internet is still unregulated, you better do some real history lessons to learn what's against us all.

You are a liar. Most serial killers and mass murders are christian or muslim. NO mass murders before atheism? The crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem witch trials, all the murders by the Tudor family of England. Atheists are not the serial killers, you christians are the serial killers. Jeffery Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Andre Chicitillo, Fred West, Richard Ramirez, Hillside stranglers, the Italian mob, the Irish mob, all christians all serial killers

• .

I disagree.

I believe people who commit suicide and mass murders are doing so out of desperation. Sure, they want it to all be over and do not expect punishment. But would they have done if they had not had a miserable life, with parents who never paid attention or tried to buy their love instead of showing love? Would it have happened if their parents were actually involved in their life, instead of leaving them to fend for themselves 20 hours of the day? Would it happen if those with mental illness or differences were given medical treatment, counseling, and a way to better their life, instead of being pushed aside, not cared for, and dismissed?

And what kind of person needs a carrot in front of their face like a donkey to behave "morally"? If you are only doing it to avoid punishment, or to attain a reward, is it real? I can sit here all day long with a smile on my face in front of customers, but I am only doing it because right now, I have to. If I didn't need that pay check, I would tell these idiots who come in, let their kids destroy the store while telling me there is nothing they can do, that the reason their kids do that is because you dont discipline them. Or I would flat out tell them that if they are not going to actually purchase anything and just use their free coupon, that I get in trouble every time they do that, and to go f off if you are not here to purchase. But no, I stand with a smile on my face. And it is fake as fake can be. Sure, that gets me my paycheck, but can you really say its moral?

Source(s): . ADD... No "true" Christian? Define true Christian? And whether or not YOU think they are a true Christian, does nothing for what the person in question thinks about their religious "trueness".

Why do believers lie so freely about atheists? None of that was true. The most egregious examples of genocide were perpetrated in the name of religion. The one thing most mass murderers have in common is political conservativism, which is associated with fundamentalist Christianity.

Are you telling us that if you didn't believe a god was watching you, you'd go on a killing spree? That makes you a psychopath. The overwhelming majority of atheists are not psychopaths. We're humans who are capable of empathy and we have no desire to hurt others. It's more than a little scary to realize how many believers can't seem to comprehend a desire not to hurt others.

If you know nothing about all the mass murders committed in the name of the Christian god, it's because you know nothing about history except what your church allows you to learn. There were many. I'll provide a link, but I'm betting you're much too frightened to look at it. You're terrified of the truth. You just want to wallow in your comforting lies.

http://notachristian.com/christianatrocities.html

• Look friend , while I do agree that atheism is not the answer to an outlook on life, the claims you are making are quite a stretch. I would suggest that a search for evidence should be started from a Bible. Base your evidence on that.

As to the atheists out there saying that we're liars. I have to say that as much as I wish that weren't true, we are still human. Christians are still human and we still screw-up. Some of us are trying though, so blank statements over all Christianity, don't exactly help your case either.

Hope I helped.

I'm sure you believe the things you said but it is not true. Religion is not the source of our moral inclinations; it is a result of them.

There is a natural basis for knowing right and wrong and for the desire to help others.

Humans along with many other species are social animals. The chances of survival are improved because of social interactions, complete with all the inherent urges and inhibitions – what we call morals. Each species would have a different range on average of what is considered acceptable behavior (individuals vary widely).

Those biologically induced urges and inhibitions affect our actions within society and also cause us to have animosity toward those that do not follow the accepted rules of conduct (desire for justice).

Those supposedly "human" traits have been observed in many animal species other than humans. No magic is involved.

Why you arrogant SOB! People commit suicide because life it intolerable to them! It has nothing to do with one's religious beliefs or lack of them! You are lying - you have no evidence to back up your claims and you egotistically expect everyone to just believe you.

"No true Christian would go on a killing spree"????? How convenient for you! You are doing the Christian religion no favor being one of them. You are nasty, mean-spirited and barbaric - and Jesus is an idiot if he wants someone like you as one of his followers. I'm surprised you and your ilk haven't started a holy war right here in the US - Christians against everyone else, right?

• nodell

When individuals say matters like what you are pronouncing, it consistently moves me as a guarded manner of claiming, "If I did not think in a god, I could slaughter everybody I did not like." It's no longer the fault of atheists that such a lot of believers suppose that the one factor that stops them from committing acts of evil is their notion that they're going to be punished for them. Plenty of atheists uncover secular causes to act with politeness closer to others. The truth that there were a few real evil atheists isn't accurately resulting from atheism. That could be like making a record of evil dictators who did not accumulate baseball playing cards and pronouncing that no longer accumulating baseball playing cards is the truly drive in the back of the mass murders of historical past. You can not accurately justify movements at the foundation of a non-notion in deities by myself. If there is not any god or gods, it does not comply with that each one behaviors are permissible - there's nonetheless a social agreement, and there are nonetheless methods of behaving that result in extra fascinating outcome than others.

• Anon

That's rich coming considering you're from a religion that is & was used to justify evil such as wars, manifest destiny, the holocaust, witch huntings, the crusades, etc, etc. Also, I'd like these statistics that say that atheists "tend to be mass murderers and public shooters."

EDIT: You should look up the "No True Scotsman Fallacy." Don't be scared of education; embrace it. It's one of my satanic virtues, but just do it once, for me.