promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why does Steam keep crashing?

Whenever I try logging on to Steam, after about 5 minutes it says it's not responding. I've tried running as administrator, I've checked I have the newest version. I've checked the specs and my computer can support it, but it won't even let me log in.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Steam is cr*p. Uninstall every Steam games, uninstall Steam, use a tool such as CCleaner to scan and repair registry errors. Restart computer, download Steam (do not use the one that come with your game), install it and download your games (do not use the DVD to install games)...should work :S

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • grauer
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

large suggestion from the different posts, no longer! besides you're not from now on on my own. it variety of feels something has lengthy gone incorrect in a Steam replace and many Portal 2 Mac customers are literally no longer able to play the game. i have reported this to Steam, nonetheless waiting for a reaction.

• 8 years ago

I think they ran out of water. Give them a bit to refil their tank and get steam going again. Honestly though it might be an issue with the login client. You can always e-mail steam with an issue.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

steam cant crash its a fog lolol.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.