Should I leave home or stay?

Hi I'm 18. I've got 2 younger sisters aged 11 and 15. I've been looking after them and my mum for the past 4/5 years since my mum got cancer.

I managed to get a place at uni at home doing a course I didn't want to do so that I can stay home. I originally wanted to join the army or navy.

I've struggled to cope at uni and as a result I failed 1st year. I'm really unhappy and I'm unsure of what to do now.

I think now my mum is a lot better than what she used to be and part of her needing me is just instead of trying to do things for herself its easier for me to do it.

I think if my sisters helped a bit it could be possible for me to leave, but I don't want to put my sisters through what I had to deal with.

Can you offer any advice please?

Thanks

• G R
    Favorite Answer

I think, according to what you posted and know what it was like to be an 18 year old kid, that YOU are more then likely putting more burden on yourself then their needs to be.

You need to provide more info, please. Where is your father? Are their any aunts, uncles, grandparents....? What type of cancer and what stage/treatment is she in.

I doubt that your mother expects you to give up your life/future and cater to her. I get you are worried about your mother, but I bet she can function more then you think. My mother who is 84, lives alone, drives....has/had cancer and took herself to and from radiation for six weeks and functioned fine when she wasn't feeling so great. It sucks and it is hard when a loved one is ill, but we have to remember that our lives can't stop and we have to keep moving forward too. Maybe you need to take a break from school and get a full time job. It is inadvisable on many levels for you to hang around the house because of your mother, sick or not.

Your only 3 years older then your 15 year old sister, that is nothing. They are both more then capable and able to help out but it isn't your place to be telling them what to do, you aren't their mother. You can talk to them as their sister and suggest to them that because your mother isn't feeling so well that they offer to help her out, see if she needs anything.

ok I see some distinctive situations. One is you reside and attempt to atleast end extreme college. next attempt to get right into a school that has a dorm the place you could stay and take out loans. This atleast provides you with a destiny with possibly rather much less artwork. 2, you bypass away all of it in the back of and flow in with your mom. this may be confusing yet quickly adequate you would be driving and might bypass on your friends and return and forth back to you previous community (even via plane) to confirm absolutely everyone. the internet works wonders for communication 3 you stick it out. i don't understand approximately this one. you will might desire to undergo a incredible style of hassle. perhaps a lawyer or accountant can help you distribute the money. In different words he or she might help you to furnish your doorstep mom a definite quantity and carry the rest in an account. final, flow out on your person. Are you incredibly waiting for this? it somewhat is going to take plenty so you will be able to stay with convenience. it somewhat is going to likely be very difficult to artwork and bypass to college. it somewhat is going to likely be difficult for a incredible style of issues. attempt to create a purpose and artwork in direction of it. If college isn't for then you definately perhaps take a practise course in some thing. Pay the beast a $1000 greenbacks for some months till you could safeguard a "practise" or "college", and house, a used motor vehicle and so on. this type you're utilising her suitable back. better of luck.

Hey, stop there. They are looking at you. Difficult, but make others happy. When you will be unhappy na, there will be lot of good friends like me who will talk to you. Bye

if u think that u r ready 2 go then go if not stay @ home until u r ready use your head.

talk this out with your sisters they are old enough to help out and then use ur brain !

I think you should stay.

talk to her