Australian ABN, please help?

Hello, I'm looking to start my own business up in Sydney and I don't know how to start to even apply online for an ABN. I've heard it's free to get one, however I've also heard it's $50 from a few people, could anyone please confirm which one is correct? So my main questions are; Do... show more Hello, I'm looking to start my own business up in Sydney and I don't know how to start to even apply online for an ABN.

I've heard it's free to get one, however I've also heard it's $50 from a few people, could anyone please confirm which one is correct?

So my main questions are;

Do you NEED to come up with a business name in order to get an ABN? (I'm a personal hypnotist practitioner and thought I'd open an office up) , if so, do you need an ABN for each different business you create if they're different names or different professions, let's just say I wanted to open a clothing store for example as well as having my other business running.

&

Aproximately how long would it take to recieve the ABN?

All the help I can get will be much appreciated :)