Any good Young Adult sci-fi books that are NOT popular?

I'm looking for some good sci-fi fiction YOUNG ADULT/Teenager books. I just started reading (again) recently and the books I'm finding are no good! They are ALL trilogies and too popular (for my taste) and I don't like it. I even prefer older books. So, any suggestions for this type of not popular/non trilogy sc-fi teen book?

• Brenda
    Favorite Answer

Sci-fi or fantasy? You can't go wrong with CS Lewis' "Space Trilogy" (starts with "Out of the Silent Planet"). Stephen Lawhead does mostly Celtic tribal/fantasy (The Song of Albion Trilogy is probably his best, if you want to be spoiled for all other books after reading it...), but he did a sci-fi duo (The Empyrion Saga). Edward Burroughs Rice wrote the John Carter books way back in the day--the science is iffy, but the adventure is good. Lois McMaster Bujold has this series about Miles Vorkosigan (who is a crazy trouble-magnet of a teenager, and only gets worse as he ages) that makes for some compelling space opera/sci-fi.

I recommend this book not very popular but overall a great sci-fi with some great battle scenes :)

Source(s): http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/social/swf/B00J0D64L2/o=ShareProduct?qid=1396668036&sr=1-28