Please describe what makes someone marriage material in your opinion?

M/F?

Favorite Answer

Nothing set in stone. Someone is marriage material if I have been in a relationship with them for a long time, don't foresee any chronic problems, and would be much more devastated by the prospect of ever losing them than I would by cutting off my options with other women.

Things like kindness, humor, and beauty are definitely part of it, but that has more to do with getting my attention in the first place than it does convincing me to stay. It has more to do with comfort and trust - if I can't trust someone, or if we get angry with each other often, or if I feel tense rather than comfortable coming home to her, then I'm not going to stick around long enough to consider the option.

People who make lists of "dealbreakers," physical attributes, and other such things are usually just trying to advertise that they have standards, and haven't actually encountered someone who's marriage material before. Marriage material is just an exceptional person with whom you're very, very compatible and attached.

Source(s): I was engaged once before, several years ago; my fiancee died in a traffic accident. I admit I have something of a habit of comparing women to her when considering long-term relationships, which probably isn't the best thing to do.

K, so you're saying stuff in opposition to humans who suppose exact things that most likely you don't, so i am going to use your own words against you: It doesn't has to do anything with your existence so why intrude in anyone else's? My beliefs, my life, everything about me has nothing to do with you, and yet you continue to are talking towards me and what I consider. I'm not going to say something in opposition to what you consider, that is all my opinion. That is what I consider: gay marriage doesn't really make feel. Look up marriage in the dictionary. Mine says this: the mutual relation of husband and spouse; the institution whereby guys and ladies are joined in a exact variety of social and authorized dependence for the purpose of founding and maintaining a loved ones. So, the dictionary says nothing of guys and guys or females and females, and considering that it said, "preserving a household", then which you can certainly count two humans which can be of the equal gender getting "married" out. They can not have a household, unless they undertake, and feel of the negative baby! Getting raised through two moms or two dads, pondering that was once the correct factor to do, and then pondering that some thing else was improper. So they might often have emotions for the reverse gender once they received older, and then feel that was flawed all on the grounds that of their so referred to as father and mother. See what this might all result in? And you mentioned what kind of an illustration I was surroundings for MY little one. I can see why you are sort of irritated about your cousin's mum and dad disowning him for marrying his boyfriend. I think that is type of harsh too. I mean, it's now not relatively vital. I will see why they would be somewhat nervous to be round them each, however they did not must disown him! I would not have whatever towards homosexual humans. They are humans no matter what, the identical as you and me. Identical factor with faith, race, or even gender! Individuals hate the other one just due to the fact they are one-of-a-kind. I shouldn't have something against any of them, though, and that i don't know why any one would. I don't even quite feel they comprehend. Now that i'm through, I want to let you know some thing: you are against a thought that isn't fairly possible. Two men or two ladies are not able to get married on the grounds that it's not married. They may be able to be united, and even together, but it will not be for a household, will it? Most normal relationships aren't, either, but that's the place the world is, huh? Oh, and a further thing: some men and women would feel that me and my associates are homosexual, or bi, considering the fact that we hug and stuff. And there may be one lady who hugs me and says she loves me and stuff. She's just being a good friend, I think, but I do believe it's bizarre. I guess other humans do, too. But then there is the truth that i have quite a lot of man neighbors, and a few persons will say, "So, are you going out with him?" to practically each single man friend i've. But i'm just a traditional man or woman. I am not bi or gay, and i don't need to be. Well, have a first-rate day. Hope all is good. :) ~Lena~

1. mentally stable

2. wants a monogomous relationship

3. wants a wife and knows how to treat her with respect and show her love

4. isn't unfaithful

5. financially secure and understand the partnership of a marriage

6. somoene who is in it for the long haul and not just when it makes them smile.

1. Has to be in love with me and vice versa.

2. He can't be a cheater or unfaithful.

3. He is loyal, loving, and passionate.

4. He shares my views on kids/abortion/smoking/etc.

5. We have lots of fun adventures together.

I'm not crazy enough to marry anyone. I don't care if she's perfect, she will not take the house from me. I'd rather die alone and get divorced.

a) He would have to have proven that he considers true love to be more important than sex, looks, popularity etc.

b) He would have to be the kind of guy who knows how to man up and commit.

c) He would have to love all animals and never have hurt one in his lifetime. No hunters, animal cruelty apologists, arseholes etc.

the willingness to exchange life long oaths with me has to be at the very top of the list.