Lv 5
.. asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Liberals: why don't you address the issue of women lying about rape?

We all know rape is a terrible thing and rapists should be prosecuted.

We all know liberals think rape is one of the main reasons abortion should be available.

But liberals, how come you never talk about women who lie about being raped? Do you think it doesn't happen? Or that it doesn't really matter when they do? Please explain.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Issue? What issue? There are laws on the books for giving false statements to police. It's their job to investigate legitimacy of the claims. End of issue.

• 7 years ago

I have never heard anyone saying any false accusation is a good thing, that includes rape.

Pertaining to prosecution, it is a big deal, putting someone in prison on lies should have the liar do equal time. Pertaining to abortion, that is still a choice for the woman to make, none of my business unless I am the father.

• 7 years ago

They do.

But of course you don't want to hear that.

You don't want to understand that most people with two brain cells to rub together understand that someone lying about being raped makes it even harder for real rape victims.

Of course, you also don't want to hear that cases of false rape claims are so rare there is barely a statistic for it.

Meanwhile, the number of unreported rapes, the rate of reported rapes that never make it to court, and the number of convicted rapist that never spend a day in jail are huge.

Numbers that on the whole anyone with a conscious should be far more worried about.

Of course, you would rather hide behind your perception of "false rape claims" because, oh the poor men. How dare liberals lower their pedestal, how dare liberals try to make them equal to everyone else.

• 7 years ago

The courts address that issue. As a social issue it's really an insignificant part of the equation and just another distraction Rush likes to bring up. And as long as you want to make it an issue, a large number of rapes go unreported...why doesn't Rush bring that up?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Oh, I'm sure it does. The issue is, how would you test for it? Well, the obvious way is to check their reproductive organs, which requires an invasive test that would scare the hell out of any woman that was actually raped. I don't think it's worth the massive mental anguish that these women would suffer to uncover a few cases of faked rape.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Liberals don't need to comment about that. People in general are opposed to false claims of rape. It is up to the criminal justice system to wade through that problem not legislators or executives. There are false claims of other criminal activities also. Are you pushing for special legislation about false claims of fires that are really arson?

• 7 years ago

White flame that's a bizarre thing to say, if you were falsely accused of rape would you accept going to prison just so the accused doesn't have to have a test?

• 7 years ago

Why aren't republikkans addressing the fact Robme won't release his tax return.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

why do you think it matters?

people lie about crimes all the time?

why don't cons talk about people who lie about assaults? people who lie about stealing?

why would anyone talk about them?

why do cons seem so ODDLY OBSESSED with talking about women who lie about rape? it's like you're trying to attack and blame the victim?

if not, you tell me why?

• ?
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Haha - parakeet is an appropriate screen name.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.