what are the essential skills needed to study biochemistry in germany?
i need to know computer skills rather than win & office package + scientific programs used + studying skills needed (like speed reading , time management,....etc) i need to gain these skills before traveling to get a PhD degree to make it easier for me to cope with university life as in my home country it is completely different
- DidouLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
1. A first Bachelor or comparable (or higher) degree in Biology, Chemistry or related areas (Pharmacy, Biochemistry) with an overall grade of at least 2.5 or B according to the German and American grading schemes respectively, from a university with a regular value of 180 ECTS points is required. The following requirements must also be fulfilled:
2. At least 60 CP have to be reached from previous studies in: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics, Cell Biology, Maths, Microbiology.
3. Knowledge of English level C1 of the Common European Authoritative Framework of Reference for Languages evidenced by recognised language certificate. Students whose native language is not English must demonstrate their knowledge of English with a TOEFL score of 90 (iBT) or IELTS, Band 6.5 or better. If the last academic degree was obtained at a school, where the primary language of instruction was English, language skills are accepted as sufficient.
4. The pass of a written suitability test under supervision to the subject area of a basic lecture in Biochemistry and in Molecular Cell Biology. If possible, the written test will be given in your country.
5. A letter of motivation why you are choosing this program and what your research interests regarding to this department are.
6. Two letters of recommendation not older than 2 years from faculty members who can attest the quality of the candidate.