pretty Xena asked in HealthDental · 8 years ago

I was told not to do certain things while I have braces yet I do them anyways..?

I got damon Q braces in January. They told me not to bite my lips/nails and not to bite anything hard (either to avoid it or break it into really small pieces). I followed those rules only the first couple of weeks after I got the braces because my teeth were extremely sensitive and biting anything that wasn't soft would cause pain. After the sensitiveness went away I broke those rules. I'll eat small pieces of ice, chips no matter how hard they are and other things that are not soft food. I'll also bit my lips, it's especially hard for me not do so when I'm concentrating and studying really hard. I only have braces on my top teeth. I considered I didn't really need the bottom ones. So I have no rubber bands or anything like that, only damon q braces on top teeth. Will doing all these things affect how the braces work on straightening my teeth?

• Peace
    Favorite Answer

i had braces and also broke all the rules lol. I ate toffee, raw carrots, chips, fizzy drinks, boiled lollies..everything. I didnt change my diet because of my braces although they told me to steer away from those foods. It didnt affect the end result though. My teeth came out really straight. I think they dont want people eating hard foods incase they damage the braces so just be careful but dont worry too much about it.

You do things your not suppose to because for the simple fact that your a retard

Source(s): Slob

complicated aspect try searching into yahoo or google that will help