Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 years ago

Guys, can you tell when another guy is handsome.....?

Just wondering because girls call other girls pretty all the time, can guys tell when another guy is handsome?

• Mike
    Favorite Answer

Yes, guys don't like to admit it though.

I can tell when another guy is handsome and I am straight and comfortable with my sexuality. I may not say it out loud or be like "OMG that guy is sooo fk'ing handsome with his nice muscle and gorgeous face".

Women say things like that about other women and maybe that's how they are wired when it comes to appreciation of another woman's looks but that's not how most men get down. Also, there is the "gay stigma" that comes when a man goes all out to compliment another man on his appearance.

I also agree with @Zach as most women spend alot more time looking at other women and comparing themselves to those women. They begin to admire those women, damn near worship, and in some cases might become sexually attracted to them.

It's not always that they won't admit it. Most guys actually don't know when a guy is handsome.

A couple years back, I had the same problem. And to me, all guys (expect the really obvious bad looking ones) were the same and every one pretty much had the same level of good looks.

I wondered why this was and came to a conclusion:

You females spend hours staring at other women, getting jealous at them, comparing yourself to them, looking at magazines, etc. That's you know when a girl is physically attractive or not. You females are simply obsessed with other girls' image.

Young guys are in competition with each other. It's insecurity about being though gay if you simply admire someone looks.

It's not of course it's just envy mixed with an appreciation of good looks.

For example I f-ing adore women but the best looking person I have seen in leather is a man.

Elvis Presley in the 68 special. It's just an appreciation of beauty and quite liberating because there is no sexual attraction it's just beauty for beauties sake, like looking at a great looking car or a great picture. With women the sexual thing is involved.

Of course men can tell when another men is handsome. Men find other men handsome all the time but they will not tell another man this because they fear coming across as gay and being judged.

"Speak the truth or hold your peace"

Yes as a straight male I can say some guys are handsome.

• Shorty

Depend how artistic a guy is, like me, I can spot a handsome guy or a beautiful girl from a long distance. I am not gay & never afraid to make compliment ......

To be honest, you are in 2012 really ignorant people by this time and if you call them handsome, they would get it in the gay way. No you never shouldnt. Just say you look ok you don't look bad.

Source(s): Thats how we do it!.. Btw please vote 5 stars and best answer!!! Please I would appreciate it (:

"Wow, your chiseled features, rugged chest and legs like marble pillars are so handsome". Okay, I just wanted to take it for a test drive. If I were a guy it would be kind of weird.

Oh yes,I'm not attracted to men at all to be honest.but yes when I do I see a man who is rather handsome I do acknowledge it.

Well usually I agree with women on what guys are good looking, so I'll say yeah.