Are yard crickets safe to eat and are bait shop mill worms safe for humans to eat?

ok i wanted to do a bug plate for my up coming annual halloween party but im not sure what to do about getting the bugs. first would it be ok if i just used the crickets from my yard? i would both wash and cook them before serving them. and also i wanted to use mill worms in the platter as well would th ones in the... show more ok i wanted to do a bug plate for my up coming annual halloween party but im not sure what to do about getting the bugs. first would it be ok if i just used the crickets from my yard? i would both wash and cook them before serving them. and also i wanted to use mill worms in the platter as well would th ones in the foam contain sold at bait stores work fine?
Update: im not really asking if it would be nasty i Just want to know if they care diseases or can make a person sick, and the mill worms are gonna be fried and dipped in chocolate so people aren't even gonna taste them it is just for the thrill of eating an insect.