What motherboard, processor, and graphics card would be the best build for my buddgit?

Okay so I plan on building a gaming desktop. And my buddgit is for one computer 5,000 so if both total less than 10,000 then that's perfect! :) Also if you give me a build that requires liquid cooling then that's fine too...:/

So I need to know which is better for gaming AMD or Intel? NVIDIA or ATI..etc? Type of rams...? And if SLI or Cross fire X is better..etc..? And also what mother boards would be the best with the build.

And actually I am going to build 2 desktops so....

I want one to be a AMD and the other to be a Intel. For the brand of processor k? As far as what the motherboard and graphics brand or type is or weather it's quad graphics card with SLI...or whatever, Doesn't really matter to me.

I just wanna know what to buy....:) Thanks.

Okay well I play L4d 2, the sims 2 and 3 with all the expansion packs, starcraft, Sid Meier's Civilization V, Age of Empires III: Complete Collection, Mass effect 3, Battle field 3, Max pain, Raven squad, Empire total war. And some online games like League of legends, or games from gpotato.com and http://www.aeriagames.com/...etc

So I just need 2 computers. 1 that will handle the first thing you said and the other that will handle the other thing you said and if I have to I'm willing to spend around 20,000 for both computers. And that would be the max that I am willing to spend on them.

Favorite Answer

THESE SPECS HAVE BEEN TESTED AND ARE COMPATIBLE. YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED!

CPU: Intel 3960X Extreme (6core 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)

Cooling: Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling

RAM: Corsair 32GB PC3-10666 1333 MHz (8x4GB)

PSU: Cooler Master 1200W Silent Pro Gold PSU - Low Noise

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 - 4 GB - (GAINWARD) - (PCI-E)

Mobo: Asus P9X79 Deluxe

Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD (PCI-E)

Network: Intel Gigabit PRO 1000CT Network Card (PCI-E)

Drive1: 240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD SATA-III, Read 525MB/s, Write 500MB/s - Silent

Drive2: 2TB Western Digital WD20EARX Caviar Green Quiet SATA 6Gb/s IntelliPower 64Mb Cache 8ms HDD

Optical: LG (CH10LS28) 10x Blu-Ray Reader & 16x Dual Layer DVD /- RW Writer - Black (SATA)

Card Reader: Internal Card Reader 50-in-1

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)

PRICE: ~$6000

You can experiment and cusomize on these sites:

Site1: http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/custom/

Site2: http://www.pugetsystems.com/configmenu.php

Site3: http://www.mwave.com.au/system.asp

Site4: http://pc.ncix.com/pcbuilder/

*THE ABOVE SPECS GIVEN WERE MADE ON SITE 1. I ENTERED AND CHECKED PRICE. IF YOU CAN SPARE ANOTHER ~$1000 THEN ADD ANOTHER GTX690. BUT NO MATTER WHAT USE SANDY BRIDGE OR IVY BRIDGE EXTREME FOR CPU AND GTX680 OR GTX690 FOR GRAPHICS. THE REST IS UPTO YOU. HOPE THIS HELPED. HAPPY GAMING

Depends, AMD rocks with an overclock and tends to be good value for money intel is far more expensive and more powerful personally i'm an intel guy but yet again look at benchmark amd is going for many cores right now intel is taking things from a different perspective the i7-2600k and the 3770K are the usual gaming CPUS now though.

ATI is loosing to NVIDIA in the current scheme with the gtx660 and gtx670 destroying all but look at prices/benchmarks it depends on what you want, if all you want to play is a mmo a gt240 would do even so suit for purpose, same for price where do you intend to buy from as this changes prices slightly, K is only very good for overclocking if not you are not loosing anything picking say a i5-2500 over a i5-2005k as normally it usually only means it has an unlocked multiplier (in most cases no other diffrence)

So what games do you intend to play? Also get a fan system then fans can do a great job if you have enough good ones, but you need to also look at case needed power supply ect

TL:DR not enough detail, total war is CPU heavy Crysis is GPU heavy if you only play total war i'd change what I recommend a lot

• mcray

Erm..ok. image card = purchase 3 (use SLI mode )= NVIDIA GTX280 Motherboard = purchase NVIDIA motherboard which helps as a lot as 3x SLI Processor = (AMD is sluggish) Intel center 2 extreme or Intel center 4 Quad its extremely an expensive STRICTLY best gaming device you may purchase presently. And the finest you may purchase presently MM... GTX280 = variety of $600+ US for one = $1800 Motherboard = variety of $500 = $ 500 Processor = $seven-hundred = $ 500 memory a minimum of 4GB PC800 = $ one hundred ability grant = $ 2 hundred nonetheless were given extra yet dont care. contained sooner or later it might total as a lot as $4000 Plus In US genuine specs there is Now in case you decide on no longer expensive. opt for ATI 4650. a familiar motherboard and 2GB of ram. ability grant and relax will be very inexpensive. Processor should be INTEL because i had my adventure with amd being veyr sluggish. Intel center 2 duo a minimum of. will be about 15 situations lousier rig then the yet another one i discussed. variety of about $1000. =)