Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Liberals do you defend the less then 1% of women who get an abortion due to rape?

so much because you are well aware that the other 93% of abortions are because the mother is a murderer?

Why women have abortions

1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient).

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

• Eric
    Best Answer

For the most part, yes. I'm generally against abortion but believe that there are always exceptions where it is appropriate. I guess you could call that "pro-choice with a heavy advocacy toward pro-life".

Women should have the right to choose if they want an abortion or not. The fetus is not a human yet so it has no say. And I personally go beyond pro choice and think there are some individuals unfit to be parents and should be persuaded into having abortions. It's not like we have a low population and need more babies anyways.

• James

Abortion should always be an option to women. Restricting or denying this option is restricting the rights of the mother (barring 3rd trimester abortions - this goes without saying).

Also, you missed an option. I've known 1 or 2 mothers who've done abortions because they didn't have the money to afford a baby. This is definitely short-sighted, but an abortion is the mother's choice.

Just so you know, I don't like abortions. I just believe women deserve to have the option available to them.

Human life is either precious...or it isn't.

We kill people in wars.

We execute criminals.

We allow millions to starve when we have abundant food. Dumpsters are filled everyday in every city of our nation and we have 14 million children in the US who go to sleep hungry every night. So preach me a sermon about how precious an unwanted fetus is and I might even listen but unless you give to UNICEF at the minimum than know yourself to be a hypocrite. I don't know you. Maybe your the most giving person in the world. Maybe you go to Africa every year and spend a month working in a clinic. Only you know. What I know is that when we have 21,000 children dying every day of preventable disease and starvation and thousands more dying in wars and genocides, the plight of a fetus is not my top priority. If it is yours than your priorities are skewed.

It is 5%, the same percentages as women who conceive without using birth control. I do defend someone else's right to choose. If it isn't my uterus, then it is none of my business. I would prefer that the unwanted baby to be put up for adoption, or kept by the mother, but it is absolutely none of my concern/business what a stranger chooses to do.

Moderate Independent. Pro-choice mother of two. Pro-choice is one of my 'liberal' views.

My friend's daughter was raped and she kept the baby.

You cannot force a child on a mother.

If she wants to get an abortion, she just should. Why do you care? that is not your child if you want it to live so bad than go raise it yourself.

Honestly how well do you think a woman who tried to abort a fetus, will raise the child anyway. Think of the children! The child should be aborted before it is messed up growing up.

Yes, we defend the rape victims and the rest. The government has no business making decisions about hat goes on inside peoples' bodies.

That 1% is 32,000 women a year (who were raped and had an abortion).

Of course I defend them!

What the hell's the matter with you?

Think of a 5 letter word beginning with B ending with H

CLUE: It describes you very well.

So how many of these unwanted children have you adopted? None? Oh what a f*cking surprise!

Source(s): My friends sister s a 13 year old rape survivour,She was impregnated by her abuser the fact that you abuse her by shaming her,calling her a murderer & trying to take control over her body makes you no better than her rapist.

Oh wow I just read a Yahoo answers question so I'm going to change my opinion on everything I believe in and all my reasons! Wow thank you so much for sharing your "facts" with me. So life changing