Teens: Poll: What's Your Opinion Of YOLO?

Honestly, I think YOLO is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. What did you think you could live twice before or something? I'm tired of seeing it all over twitter, all over facebook, people saying it, texting it, tweeting it. YOLO. Do you know how f*cking stupid you sound? When did it become acceptable to make acronyms for facts, and then use it as an excuse to do something stupid?

I agree with you Casey! I'm sick of seeing these 12 and 13 year olds on facebook posting pictures of them smoking and stuff and saying YOLO! YOLO shouldn't be an excuse to make an a*s of yourself. When I think 'You only live once' I think of taking a chance at something you normally wouldn't try, like going on a zip line or even trying out for the school play. Something that will change your life for the better and make you a better person. Stepping slightly out of your comfort zone. Standing up for what you believe in. Not going out and getting drunk or being a sl*t.

Favorite Answer

It's so damn annoying..teenage girls are just using "YOLO" as an excuse to smoke weed/cigarettes, get drunk, and have sex..it's sad. Like every teenage girl I'm friends with on Facebook has a photo album titled "YOLO" and it's filled with pictures of them drinking, smoking, dressed in slutty clothes, and kissing guys way older than them and I'm just like..wow! When I think of " YOLO" I think like skydiving, rock climbing, traveling the world, etc. not being a teenage whore..

The point behind it is somewhat okay. Not like get drunk and party because you only live once, but actually do something with your life because it's the only chance you get.

However people walking around saying it and putting it all over the place is just dumb. I mean do you (in a general sense) realize how stupid you sound?

• I hate stupid children using yolo and posting pictures of themselves smoking and drinking and being f***ing idiots

yolo is meant to be used for once in a lifetime things like scuba diving or bungee jump - that something worth doing because you only live once, not acting like a little s**t just cause your 13

• ғoх!

The statement is true, but saying, "YOLO. I can do whatever the f*ck I want, even if it kills me" if you're about to jump off a building is just stupid. Same goes for using it as an excuse to sleep around or do other stupid things.

Thats how you think of it:

yes the majority of people use it as an excuse to do stuff that will eventually kill them, or cause a lot of mess in your life.

I choose to think of it like this:

(quote)

"The concept of YOLO is not to go smoke, drink and to make an *** of yourself, its to go do something that matters with life"

so I myself use YOLO to motivate myself.

Source(s): me

i remember the first time i heard YOLO, people started laughing at the phrase. after knowing what the phrase meant, i thought it was the most stupidest thing ever. like i didn't understand why it's SO funny. it's getting really old and like i said, it's a really stupid phrase. it's so pointless, i don't even know why this phrase was even invented.

I think people need the calm the hell down! It's just a freakin' saying man! If you get annoyed by 'YOLO' you need to stop being such a party pooper.

It's from a rap by drake.. It's true, you only live once, so why the hell waste your time yapping over people saying 'yolo'.

GET OVER IT

It didn't bother me at first, but after people kept using it as an excuse to do stupid things and say it every ten seconds on someone's status on Fb, then it got annoying.

• ?

Its flat out an excuse to do stupid things that will be regretted at some point in time

Its a stupid excuse for kids in my grade to have sex, drink all night, and go party. Because you know "You only live once!"