Could I Be A Hollister Model?

Hiya :) So i recently got scouted by two hollister managers while i was in house of fraser the other day. And my interview is on friday at 4?

So can you just give me tips guys on the interview....what to wear, how to act, what to say etc? Kind of nervous!

Oh and look at these photos of me and say whether i should go for hair up or down, and comment on the outfit i plan to wear :) thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61484176@N06/78333002...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61484176@N06/78332947...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61484176@N06/78333012...

Favorite Answer

Alright girl. I'm a current Hollister Model, so I got you. Haha

Okay, so for your interview, the ideal outfit to wear to an interview is HCo Jeans (doesnt matter what color or style), a white or grey tank top and a navy cardigan over it. 90% of the year, that's what you're going to be wearing anyway, so might as well get a start now. Also, for the shoes, if you don't already own a pair of Hollister flip flops, dont bother buying a new pair (you'll get discounts on them later...). If you have a pair of black, white, grey, navy, or blue vans, wear them. If not, it doesnt really matter. But what you have on in that picture is fine. Don't bother buying anything new if you don't already have it.

Its a group interview, so you'll really want to stand out. Also, be very bubbly and out going. If you know how you want to answer the question (and the manager asks who wants to answer first), be the first to answer it. They love when you don't have to rely on others to form your answer.

There are only 4 questions (we're not aloud to say what), but they're really easy to answer. Just make sure you know a LITTLE about the company (its obvious stuff, but just know what kind of clothing they sell and what not)

Oh, and hair down. =]

And here are some other questions that people always tend to ask.

Do you have to wear Hollister to work there?

You "technically" don't have to wear Hollister clothes, but honestly,. if you want to get shifts, you're going to wear it.

How good is the discount?

We get 20% (or 30%? I dont remember. Haha) all clothes, unless its already on sale, then the company will give you the better of the 2 deals. In addition to the constant 20 (or 30)%, every new floor set (or season) we get a list of clothes that we can buy that are 50% off, called Triple A's (AAA's). They will be the newest, cutest clothes that the store has (the idea is when people see how cute it looks on, they'll want it too). You'll usually get 50% off 2 shirts, one bottom, and one pair of flip flops, but it depends on the season.

What accessories can we wear? And is nail polish allowed?

You cannot wear Nail Polish. It must be clear coat or a french tip, and sorry, but no fake nails are allowed. =[ For your toe nails, any shade of pink or red is acceptable. Also, one earring on each ear, but they're pretty lenient about that unless you have like 40 earrings or something. One ring, one watch, no bracelets, and no necklaces, but it kinda just depends how strict your managers are...

How are the hours and scheduling?

The hours are really FLEXIBLE. Honestly. And if you talk to your managers and say that you want all the shifts possible, it really helps. I'm getting scheduled about 4-5 days a week.

Can I wear make up?

Make up needs to look natural and they actually prefer if you dont wear any. But no eyeliner, no eyeshadow and no bold lipsticks. It needs to look like you aren't wearing any make up from 5 feet away.

Anything else?

I think that's about it! Its an AMAZING first job, its really fun once you work your way up, and if you befriend your managers, its so much fun! I honestly love it.

Good luck hun!

Source(s): I've been a Hollister Model for over a year.

Hair up, any of the outfits are fine. If being a hollister model doesn't work out, you could always be my date ;)