i am 13 years old started puberty 2 yrs ago. Im 5"0 currently. Will i be that height as an adult?

my mom is the same height as me right now and i have always been a little above average on my growth. recently i have noticed that my growth has been slowing down. my dad is 5"11 and my mom mom's is 5"4...will i be my grandmas height or my moms height? my sister is 11 and she's an inch taller than me already.

Favorite Answer

from what you have described with the heights of your family you wont be very tall, i stopped growing when i was 16 my sister is still growing and she will be 17 this year, another sister had a growth spurt in her twenties (my mum is 5"2 and dad is 6"1) - this just shows how different everyone is and their heights are different too.

one thing i will say is that there is nothing wrong with being on the smaller side of things, a phrase that i used to say to a friend who wasnt much taller than 5"0 was 'great things come in small packages' it took her a while but now she can honestly say that they do. It doesnt matter how short or tall you are becuase you are beautiful no matter what. x

You can't put an exact figure on your growth&development speed and neither your height post-puberty. Honey, girls don't stop growing (progessing through puberty) until around 18 years old so you've got a good solid 5 years left. Also height is generic but not necessarily from your mom and dads genes. You could get you height from paternal grandparents, great-grandparents or great-great-grandparents. Or you could get it from maternal grandparents and so on. But i wouldn't worry about height. I passed my mum, i passed my sister and my grandma. But my dads really tall so i must get the genes from him.

your body will grow when it wants to and a different speeds:-)

Source(s): going through the same experiences:-)xoxo

I'm guessing you will probably be somewhere from 5'4-5'6. I was about your size when I was 13 and I turned out to be exactly 5'6.