Homemade potato chips??

How to make homemade potato chips ?

Best Answer

You need to slice the potato super thin - if you have a mandoline, that is helpful because you can make the really thin slices. Next soak them in water for 30 minutes. Dry them all the way - if you don't dry them, your oil will pop and they will be soggy. The soaking removes excess starch and helps with the crisping. Next fry them in oil (you can use veggie oil, canola, peanut). The oil should be around 350° F . Drain them on dry towels and enjoy.

I have read that you can make them in the microwave too but have never tried it. Here are the directions for that. Put 1/4 c oil in a plastic bag. Add potato slices and shake to coat. Spray a microwave safe dish with cooking spray, place potato slices on the plate and microwave for 3-4 minutes on high. Good luck!

Source(s): I'm a Chef :D! I'd love for you to check out my site - www.bestbitesforever.com

1

use a mandolin. if you don't have one then use a potato peeler peeling across the top so you get circles. then fry them and sprinkle with salt and/or pepper. good luck