Books to read for a 17 years old (male)?

to be honest I Never read a book, I only read the books in schools because I had to, and now I decided to start reading books, so are there any books worth reading? something good, that will make me stick to the idea of reading books.

some guy from the internet suggested to read " the fault in our stars by john green" , is it good?

please! do not tell me anything about twilight, the hunger games or harry potter ;)

thank you :D

other than the bible, quran .. or any other thing that is related to some religion

Favorite Answer

All of John Green's books are good. I recommend reading them all.

1. Looking for Alaska (John Green)

2. An Abundance of Katherines (John Green)

3. Paper Towns (John Green)

4. Will Grayson, Will Grayson (David Levithan & John Green)

5. The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)

6. Mutiny on the Bounty (Charles Nordhoff & James Norman Hall)

7. Hope was Here (Joan Bauer)

8. The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald)

9. The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)

10. Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury)

11. 1984 (George Orwell)

12. Animal Farm (George Orwell)

13. The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck)

14. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)

15. The Scarlett Letter (Nathaniel Hawthorne)

The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss

Following the story of a young boy, orphaned when his parents are murdered by demons, who makes his way in the world on wits, cunning, and a growing talent for magic. I love this series because as often as his quick mouth and fabulous plans get him out of tight scrapes, they're also just as likely to get him out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

When boring office-drone Richard Mayhew stumbles across a terrified, ragged, bloody girl, he does the only decent thing and stops to help her. However, he quickly realizes that helping her means far more than a bath and a band-aid and soon he finds himself pulled along into a magical underworld of London, pursued by shadowing figures and aided by fantastical allies.

look up some books by making use of Frank Peretti. "The Oath" exchange right into a reliable one. he's have been given a youngster sequence with books like "Hangman's Curse" (you ought to have seen the action picture based on the e book? The e book is lots extra functional!) which you will relish additionally. "Hatchet" by making use of Gary Paulson is a sturdy e book. that is extra approximately suffering with the barren area than gang violence, although that could be a reliable study. i know an eighteen 3 hundred and sixty 5 days old guy who does not in many cases like interpreting, yet it is his famous e book. There are plenty and a lot of "celeb Wars" books that could seize your interest! desire you detect some thing to in high quality condition your style in books.

The Giver

The bible or any other spiritual book

a separate peace by john knowles

its amazing!!!!