Window 'Trickle' air vents - need help with sound insulation! (Ford Windows)?

Hi, I recently moved into a new build home with double glazed windows, but they have the air vents fitted. While double glazing is good for insulation, they have just a thin piece of plastic that slides open and shut across the vent, rendering the double glazing kind of pointless.... It's quite noisy outside... show more Hi, I recently moved into a new build home with double glazed windows, but they have the air vents fitted. While double glazing is good for insulation, they have just a thin piece of plastic that slides open and shut across the vent, rendering the double glazing kind of pointless.... It's quite noisy outside and we can hear everything from inside with the windows/vents shut, and since i can feel the air coming through these vents on a windy day i assume this is the problem. The window manufacturers don't supply their own acoustic (sound insulated) vents, so i don't really know where i can get these or any alternative solutions.. i have looked on google by the way, but couldn't find a solution.
Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you get over it?
Many thanks
1 answer 1