Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 8 years ago

Skin grew on top of a splinter?

My mom decided to grow a cactus out side and then grew a plant directly across from it, I tried to get by but a thorn got stuck in my sandle, I thought it was a leaf, but here I am now with a splinter... The problem is, is that it's barbed I guess, I tried to pull it out and it hurt horrible, and I thought I pulled it out but I think it broke in side my finger, so now a little barbed splinter is stuck in there, not very far down though. Right now it looks yellow, a little dot where the splinter was, it's yellow and is a little hard bump the popped up, not a big area, and the skin around is a little red, will it fall out on its own? Right now I picking at it with a needle, should I continue or leave it? Please help, I just don't like doctors.....

• pmaxu
    Favorite Answer

Personally, I wouldn't pick at it. That just tends to introduce infection, or make the wound worse. Since it's red, I'm guessing it's infected. Plus, the yellow may be puss (again, because it sounds infected). Usually if you can't get to it, you either go to the doctor, or just let it take care of itself. If it's not causing any pain, then I'd let your body handle it. It may take awhile, but you'll find that the splinter will actually get pushed to the top layer of skin.

You might also get on goggle and search for some home remedies for removing splinters. GL.

You don't need a doctor for a cactus needle. Pick it out with the needle, clean it and put some neosporin and a bandaid on it.

Ouch! My canines ripped her nail out on the exterior and it did bleed. I took her to the vet and he gave me some antibiotics for her so it does not get contaminated and a few cream to positioned on it. He additionally informed me to conceal it while she become exterior so no airborne dirt and dust might get into it. If the nail is putting there this is fairly helpful to have the vet seem at it to work out if this is going to be bumped off. they are very painful till they improve returned in (in some months).

• K

Open that thing up and try to get out that thing. Then use alcohol and antibiotic suave.

Over time your body dissolves it. but sometimes it can get infected