My 4 in. pioneer speakers in my car crackle when volume is turned up really high?

I have two 4inch pioneer tweeters installed in the front of my car since the stock ones where messed up where they crackle when I have the volume turned all the way up. I have a stock radio. No amps in my car. Should I get an aftermarket radio to stop my pioneer tweeters from crackling?

My speakers in the back of my car are stock, should I get those changed before I change my stock radio to an aftermarket radio?

I have 4 total speaker in my car, 2 in the front and 2 in the back

Favorite Answer

It sounds like (no pun intended) that you are reaching the limits of your current stock amp. Add an aftermarket amp, and you will hear the difference. I would try that before I changed any speakers. Just a low power amp, 200 watts maybe. Then, later, you may want to add a sub woofer, just a small one to fill in the lower frequencies, not to rattle the windows 2 blocks away.

Keep it simple, and simply enjoy.

your speakers are crackling because they have either reached their max db when distortion occurs at the set signal to noise ratio and/or the signal strength in the cable isnt high enough. i would get an amp and better wiring.