Console command to hide chat hud in CSGO?

Is there one out there? I just find the chat room in the lower left corner too distracting, I remember back in CSS a console command called hud_saytext_time 0 that hid the chat room. Valve apparently got rid of this command in CSGO, so I looked on this site

http://www.csoffensive.com/topic/203-console-comma...

but couldn't find anything like hud_saytext_time 0, does anyone know how to hide the chat room in CSGO? And if not, will there be a text chat room on CSGO for the ps3/xbox360 version? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

The hud is poorly done. They should of had opacity sliders for each hud item instead of all. I would love to get rid of the compass and leave the crosshairs up but you can't do that because everything is tied to the main slider. So dumb. I hate the fact that you can't shut off the quest arrow indicators. That feature ruins the sense of exploring to find the objective. – user16498 Dec 15 '11 at 5:29

feedback

It works, but the game crashes after few seconds. Do you have this problem too? – Drake Nov 14

I have not. The only issue I had was not realizing that the console window was open but not displaying after entering the command. –

I found the best way to turn off the HUD is too turn the HUD opacity all the way down in the display menu.