Do house spiders get big?

There was a small black(or brown, it was dark so it could have been either) I didn't want to kill it so I left it alone. I'm scared of spiders, but only big spiders... I don't know where it is currently but I don't want it to get big..

Best Answer

There are a couple of spiders that are found in homes that can get fairly large, but these are totally harmless. The spiders are not going to harm you in the slightest. I usually ignore them, and actually welcome the large ones, they do a number on the cockroaches.

If you think of them as little pets running around killing bugs, you won't be afraid of them.

Spiders are about as big as they are going to get this year, so unless you are already finding big spiders, what you have will likely be as big as they get.

If you became a little more familiar with spiders, you would see size doesn't mater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2nhKYFcIGQ

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): UC Irvine, entomology

I dont imply to alarm you but you should most often panic, big apartment spiders like the one you might have described are normally very aggressive. I'd recommend that you invest in a flame thrower or anything of that nature, due to the fact its a verified incontrovertible fact that spiders usually are not hearth resistant the least bit. So a couple of passes with the flame thrower will cure that proper up.... And although the spider manages to flee your condo might be burnt down and you will have a fresh new room in your recent new condominium free of any gigantic condo spiders.... Unfortunatly with new houses comes new bugs such as the invisable skin worm.....

It really depends on the species and the location of where you live. Some spiders only grow to certain sizes, whether small or big. Again it just depends on the Species. You can find websites online that'll help you determine what kind of spider yours was and that should inform you as to how big it is! You just have to remember what it looked like!

Source(s): Zoology

The biggest spider in the world is the goliath bird eating spider but it pose no real threat to humans and the likely hood of you having a wild one is un likely

It's typically the females that get quite large, but it can vary throughout the year.

They grow pretty fast --- check under your bed in a couple of days.