Why is Quincy Jones the only person that gets credit for the success of Thriller?

Alot of people always give Quincy Jones credit for the success of Thriller and Michael Jackson,Rod Temperton,and Bruce Swedian never get credit for Thriller's success.All these men played a huge roll in the success of Thriller,but yet Quincy gets all the credit.Why is that? Is it because he produced it?

P.S. Don't give ignorant comments I just want a simple answer.Thank You:)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I've never heard of Quincy Jones or those other guys, I though MJ was 100% the creative source behind Thriller. So, I learned something from your question, but maybe you learned something from my response--QJ obviously does not get all the credit.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Probably because of his role as producer, which generally means he has final say over the finished product. So if it's good, it's because of him.

But for me, it's all Michael Jackson. I don't think of Quincy at all when listening to Thriller.

• Kini
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Didnt know Quincy Jones was still a working composer/arranger. You posted this in the wrong category. I should be in Music>Jazz. I think you will get more response.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

hard task. browse on to yahoo or google. just that could help!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I don't know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.