Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 7 years ago

Can I Eat All The Lettuce I Want?

Will I consume calories by eating lettuce (no sauce, no nothing - well maybe a bit of salt).

Favorite Answer

all lettuces are considered a free food in that they contain so few calories that they really don't make a difference in any diet. this is true in Weight Watchers and diabetic diets.

In fact, there is a long list of vegetables that are considered free or no points veggies that you can eat as much as you want of them.

They are;

all lettuces and greens

spinach

kale

cauliflower

broccoli

zucchini

green beans

yellow beans

all types of peppers

celery

mushrooms

all types of tomatoes

cucumbers

According to my husbands diabetic nurse, it is physically impossible to eat enough of these to effect blood sugar.

Yes, of course. Probably not very many, but ALL foods have calories. Only water and diet soft-drinks have 0. Even GUM has about 5 calories per serving! :)

Also, just an FYI, one teaspoon of table salt = 2,400 mg sodium, which is the absolute highest recommended amount a person should have in a day.

lettuce has very few calories but it fills your stomach (very voluminous,there is some diet,i think something like "volumetrics") you eat less high caloric food if you fill your stomach with lettuce.But there are very little ntrients in lettuce.either.If you just feed on lettuce you starve yourself. If you worry about calories in lettuce (without any sauce) you seem to have an eating disorder.by the way:are you the one who has eaten my lettuce (i was so proud of my own lettuce !!)

Lettuce has calories.

But the amount is absurdly small.

Source(s): Mushrooms are Fungi, not vegetables.
  • ?

As long as your place of employment doesn't require drug testing, then enjoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactucarium