Is this dress okay for an August wedding?

I am going to a wedding next weekend. It's a church ceremony in the afternoon, followed by a country, outdoor dinner and reception later in the evening. I have this beautiful red, lace dress I bought a while ago and have been looking for another opportunity to wear. I love the dress and I want to wear it, but... show more I am going to a wedding next weekend. It's a church ceremony in the afternoon, followed by a country, outdoor dinner and reception later in the evening. I have this beautiful red, lace dress I bought a while ago and have been looking for another opportunity to wear. I love the dress and I want to wear it, but I'm not sure if it's too much for an August wedding. It looks like this dress:

http://www.chiarafashion.co.uk/John-Zack-Coral-Lace-Sheer-Sleeved-Dress.html

I was thinking about trying to find an off-white or beige shrug or cardigan to tone it down or maybe a belt.

What do you think? Any advice for how to wear this dress? Or should I just look for another?