How to unclog a toilet?

Okay so by mistake I flushed a pad down the toilet and now the toilet is all messed up! When you flush it , it FILLS with water and then slowly the water level lowers but nothing every goes down into the drain it just sits In the toilet. I don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions??

• Tony
    Favorite Answer

Buy and use a plunger. That should clear most clogs. If it doesn't, you've not wasted your money because it will come in handy in the future. But if the plunger didn't work, buy a toilet snake. It's a coil of wire that looks like a spring and you use it to push or pull the clog out of the toilet.

Hope this helps.

'av'a g'day mate.

")

Buy a "closet snake" as previously suggested, the pad will just clog up another section of the pipe and cause more problems. A service call to a plumber is $100 just for him to show up, a closet snake can be had for about $75, for a professional grade tool.

This is easy for me to answer,I was called into a sorority/house at the UW,Same problem,Here's what you will have to do,Shut off the water supply then you will have to unbolt the commode from its mountings,With help you will tilt the commode on its back to see if the clog is in sight.If you are lucky the pad might be in the sewer-line itself...LOL

problematic matter. try searching onto the search engines. it could actually help!