Why is my green anole lizard turning dark brown?

Ok, let's start off with i got her in a small cage in a snusations down in Ocean City, Md. i then bought her the biggest cage i could find for the time being. she was bright green constantly other than when she was on her logs i bought her to clomb on and hide inside, which she did so alot. i live 4 hours away... show more Ok, let's start off with i got her in a small cage in a snusations down in Ocean City, Md. i then bought her the biggest cage i could find for the time being. she was bright green constantly other than when she was on her logs i bought her to clomb on and hide inside, which she did so alot. i live 4 hours away so it was a long car ride... however ive noticed somthing, and i just got home laat night. she hasnt changed from this dark brown UNLESS im holding her or she is perched on top of my shoulder. she then turns a beautiful vivid green. almost neon and closes her eyes while stretched out either on my shoulder or along my finger. why does she keep turning dark brown? its almost black. i do exactly what im supposed to do i leave a meal worm in there at all times, and she has eaten, ive watched her and its quite funny. and i spray her cage 2-3 times a day. i also have a small shell they gave me with water in it, and she does drink out of it. its so cute. i want to know what im doing wrong. i cant get the apuarium and lights just yet. im pricing them as we speak. any suggestions? oh and on that note she is active as can be. she is actually crawling all on my shirt and jumped onto my pillow. i do handle her gently as to not hurt her. i tap her back to make her go forward. i dont pull on her as that could break her toes. ant questions i missed please ask
6 answers 6