Kellyg asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 years ago

Can I drink while taking zoloft and wellbutrin?

I just stared a new medication after being off my old one for a while now. I don't drink all the time but Saturday I am planning on going to a rock concert at the fair and planned to drink while I was there with my girlfriend. The doses I have just started taking the other day are zoloft 12.5mg and wellbutrin 100mg. If I drink what will happen? Will I just get drunker faster? In which case I will try to have less. Or will I feel really sick? I want to have a good time what should I do? Thanks xo

Favorite Answer

antidepressants and alcohol are not good mixes. I know someone that took Paxil and drank it was like throwing gas on a bone fire

I took Prozac and Zoloft and I was able to drink just be careful because you might get drunk faster, and don't over do it. Drink slowly to see how it affects you, you might also want to ask your doctor if it is okay. Like I said I was fine with it but I didn't drink everyday and when I did drink I didn't throw back ten of them. Moderation is key, and if you start feeling dizzy or sick stop.

Disclaimer: only those of legal age should drink, I am not advising anyone underage to drink.

Source(s): Personal experience