Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Jay Leno takes huge pay cut & lays off staff after Michelle 0bama appears - EVERYTHING they touch implodes?

NBC insiders tell me The Tonight Show went through ”downsizing” today and that 20 staffers lost their jobs. Others tell me the number is more like 25, and producers were forced to take pay cuts or lose their jobs.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/tonight-show-lays-...

The downsizing also comes just 5 days after First Lady Michelle Obama appeared as a guest for the third time on The Tonight Show: high unemployment, job creation, and taxing the rich vs the poor all are issues in the 2012 president campaign.

• Di
    Favorite Answer

Well Obama himself has appeared twice on Jay's show and, NBC - an Obama supporter, does not exactly support the full truth in their so-called "reporting." I think that Gabby Douglas was probably the biggest draw of that show and Michelle Obama's untimely crack about the "Egg McMuffin" said more about her than Gabby, whose ability and judgment are not indoubt.

Your link tells a sad story and that is, Comcast/NBC - who support Obama, also support his way of doing business, cutting jobs and pay if it suits profitability.

There was a more relevant reason Jay took a cut.

He is a realist. He knows Team Coco is eating away at his ratings. And the lingering animosity cost The Tonight Show a lot, especially viewers. Jay said publicly that he wasn't going to be the reason for the staff of the show losing their jobs, so he took a cut to make NBC happy.

And it worked.

I don't feel sorry in the least for Jay. He hasn't had to sell his car collection or garage. He can still make millions doing stand up whenever he wants. And I'm sure he's got plenty of cash from his decades in entertainment.

Source(s): Reality. Harsh, isn't it?

“… the network’s primetime ratings have been dismal for many years or that Leno himself was harshly criticized by the media for that January 2010 standoff with Conan O’Brien.”

Sounds to me the reason for the pay cuts is because Leno's ratings are in the proverbial toilet. Leno isn't funny, he hasn't been in years. Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Conan O'Brien and Jon Stewart are kicking Leno's butt as far as being topical and delivering dead-on political satire. I will say that Leno is admirable in his decision to cut his wages in order to save jobs.

Once again, you're reaching like a midget for the high-priced liquor bottles. If the article says nothing about how the show's misfortune has anything to do with Michelle Obama's appearance. However, the article did provide a link that states “The appearance of multiple Gold medal winning gymnast Gabby Douglas and Michelle Obama on Jay Leno last night gave the late night show its highest Monday rating in metered market households since the night after the Super Bowl.” If anything, the First Lady's appearance on the show helped Leno's otherwise dismal ratings.

I'm glad you pointed out that you are vehemently against taxing the richest 1 % of this nation in order for the struggling middle class to get well-deserved tax breaks. Let me ask you a question... do you have Jay Leno's amount of wealth? No? How about Oprah Winfrey, do you have her wealth? I'm guessing no. Do you have Mitt Romney's wealth? Most likely not. You, like many others, are the middle class. The richest 1 % of the nation. Do you know who that includes? Celebrities, CEOs, and Wall Street fat-cats. That's the richest 1 %. That's who Obama would like to tax in order for people like you, me, and 99 % of the rest of America can pay lower taxes, save more money, afford homes, a college education for their children, and improve their credit. You would not be hurt by the tax increases Obama is imposing, you would benefit. So I'm not quite sure why you're against the idea since it only affects you in a positive way, unless you are so completely void of an intelligent thought you're going to go against what in turn would benefit you just because it came from a president you have made it abundantly clear that you do not like.

Leno is one of the richest 1 % and he sacrificed his own pay to save the jobs of others who make considerably less than he does. I guess that means he's all for Obama's imposed tax plan.

Obama is a wus -- How are we able to assume Obama to get up to terrorists while Obama pisses his pants over the concept of showing with a Talk Show Host ? The simplest rationale Obama has agreed to head on Leno is given that he is aware of it'll be only one comic website hosting an extra comic.

I scratched my nuts that same night........can I scratch them again, or should I live the rest of my life in fear thinking they'll cancel the Jay Leno show if I do?

Gabby Douglas & Michelle Obama Give ‘Tonight Show’ A Bump

Everything they are involved in includes imploding or exploding. That is why they need to ousted in Nov.

This is the silliest post hoc ergo propter hoc statement I've seen in a while.

Comcast is responsible for the cuts.

• Darren

The Bucs lost to the Titans last night and I got laid. However, I don't see any more correlation with the events you described or the price of rice in China.

Socialism does tend to have that kind of effect on things.