What to do with a paper jammed printer?

I have an assignment due pretty soon, and my printer is 'paper jammed' its not actually PAPER jammed that's just what it says when you attempt to print something. We have tried looking inside it and we found nothing, literally nothing, we had a pretty thorough look as well, the paper is always nicely place, so what can we do?! Thank you xox :)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

When paper misfeeds & doesn't reach certain paper sensors, it will often give that kind of error. You have a few possible problems.

1) The paper pickup/feed rollers are dirty or worn & are not picking and moving the paper well enough & causing a paper jam/misfeed. You can try cleaning the roller with a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with some alcohol or warm water to see if that will help.

2) There is some kind of obstruction in the paper path causing the paper not to feed in fully or a faulty sensor. Remove all the paper & look into the paper path & inside the printer as best you can to look for any piece of paper or other debris or foreign object that may be blocking the paper path & remove it. Use some compressed air to blow out anything that may be loose inside.

Try powering the printer off for a couple of minutes then back on to see if that may help reset it. If not, did you pull out some paper backwards from the printer from a previous jam? If so, it may have damaged a sensor & you may need to have it repaired or replaced.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Sometimes after you clear a paper jam and the printer is still giving you the message that its still jammed. The best thing to do is turn it off and wait for 30 seconds or so before turning it back on. It should clear it right up

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

this youtube vid will show you. it's from a movie, but it has actually helped me out with jammed printers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywI0BOxJpI

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.