Vertebral compression fractures?

I had an x-ray done on July 2, this year. It said that I had anterior wedging of several mid thoracic vertebral bodies, the most severely affected having lost 35% height anteriorly, consistent with a mild wedge compression fracture. I am in severe, chronic pain, and I'm unable to do ANY physical exercise or... show more I had an x-ray done on July 2, this year. It said that I had anterior wedging of several mid thoracic vertebral bodies, the most severely affected having lost 35% height anteriorly, consistent with a mild wedge compression fracture. I am in severe, chronic pain, and I'm unable to do ANY physical exercise or physiotherapy. I am basically immobilized/bedridden due to malignant degenerative pain, despite painkillers.. My question is: If I simply "do nothing", will I keep losing height of the fractured vertebrae? It was 35% loss on July 2, will it be 40% on September 2? How rapidly will it lose height? I cannot "do" anything. It just keeps degenerating. With each month going by, how much height will I be losing? By January 2 2013, could I lose 50%? I'm worried because they say that they have to put you in traction if it gets that bad. Is this true? Thanks for your time.
2 answers 2