Is non refrigerated tofu "real" tofu...?

I've only bought tofu that was sold in a refrigerated section, but yesterday I bought "shelf-stable tofu" and when I got home, the box said it's made of real soybean curds, congealers are added, its all poured into the plastic, and then it turns into tofu right in the bag. ?? What? Is this... show more I've only bought tofu that was sold in a refrigerated section, but yesterday I bought "shelf-stable tofu" and when I got home, the box said it's made of real soybean curds, congealers are added, its all poured into the plastic, and then it turns into tofu right in the bag. ?? What?

Is this real tofu? Its all my grocery has, but it just seems fake, and let's face it, tofu for beginners is hard to hack anyway...I mean cook..."real" tofu is sorta tricky.

Has anyone ever used this stuff before and does it cook and taste the same?
Update: Lol, that chicken's lookin' might good right about now...hmmph...thought vegans gave a sh*t.
1 answer 1