Can I take Metronidazole and Sulfamethoxazole-Trimethoprim at the same time?

Two days ago I was told I have a kidney infection and was prescribed Sulfamethoxazole-Trimethoprim 800/160MG, to take one pill twice a day. A week ago I went for a pap test, and was told I have bacterial vaginosis, and was prescribed Metronidazole 250mg, to take 2 pills twice a day. I also have Acetaminophen (CPD)... show more Two days ago I was told I have a kidney infection and was prescribed Sulfamethoxazole-Trimethoprim 800/160MG, to take one pill twice a day. A week ago I went for a pap test, and was told I have bacterial vaginosis, and was prescribed Metronidazole 250mg, to take 2 pills twice a day. I also have Acetaminophen (CPD) / Codeine 30mg, for the pain of my kidney infection. I was just wondering if it is safe to take both antibiotics at the same time. may be an hour apart from each other? I did ask the pharmacist and he said that it was fine, but after doing some research online I feel a little confused and worried about taking both at the same time. Please help.
Update: Thank you!! :)