Do I have to register with Selective Services and TAP for college?

Hello! I have registered with financial aid for my college and I've received news today that the college has got the information from my financial aid. They told me I qualify for the maximum pell grant, which should cover everything which is great news, but I have to wait a couple of weeks and check back in to see if it processed. I talked on the phone with someone and they said that I need to register with selective services and/or TAP. But he asked me if I was 18 and I'm only 17, so should I still apply for selective services? My birthday is in two months. And do I have to apply with selective services in order to apply for TAP or can I just apply for TAP and wait to apply for selective services? Thank you:)

3 Answers

  • Murica
    Lv 4
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

    Yes, I did ahead of my 18th bd, then Sept. 11 happened shortly thereafter and wasn't sure if I would actually get to finish college.

  • 7 years ago

    From Selective Service Website:

    You can apply for SS & they will not actually do anything with it until you turn 18... essentially, they hold your registration until your 18th birthday --- so, go ahead & pre-register, this way you can get school funding

  • 7 years ago

    You should register with the disease control agency.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.