problem with my 1999 Dodge Dakota Sport?

A few months ago i changed both OC sensors........Truck is stalling out when im about to brake have brake on or in park. Check engine light is on but no code will come up as pending or show. I changed the TPS and IAC. Problem still exsist and some days is getting worse someone please help.

Favorite Answer

Well, it sounds like you basically have a rough idle going on, and a lot of the time, that can be something simple. Normally, if you dont have any horrible noises occuring, that narrows it down to either fuel, air, or vacuum, and it being a 1999, I'd put my money on it being a vacuum leak. However, you can check your air filter and try running some "Sea-Foam" and run a higher grade (and non - ethanol) of fuel.

If it does end up being a vacuum leak, its probably best to bring it too a mechanic simply because its fro 1999 and there is just about a billion vacuum lines. But if you are careful you can grab a can of starter fluid and try spraying it sparingly onto vacuum lines while the truck is running, if it suddenly idles different while you are spraying one of the lines, that normally tells you thats one of the vacuum lines giving you trouble.

Hope it helps!

Source(s): All around mechanical, Old-school mechanic

some thing else ought to be the reason. most of the time the gasoline pump thoroughly fails and the engine won't restart. changing the gasoline filter out isn't an straight forward answer because of the fact the gasoline filter out is a factor of the gasoline pump assembly on the backside of the gasoline pump.