Is it a bad thing I do not like my country and is Lebanon a bad place?

Hello my country is Lebanon and Lebanon has been through wars and I think is entering one right now I live in London and I love London more than my country is that weird? Problems in Lebanon. No Rules, No Good Police Force, Wars, Conflicts, No Electricity, Bad Housing. And it is hard to live there, it is like £120 in Lebanon "Money" not pounds for a t-shirt and once you wash it it goes straight to the garbage, I would like to here Lebanese opinions I am currently in Lebanon.

Best Answer

Lebanon is an AMAZING country. I actually personally believe you misunderstand your country. Sure, there are some problems with the electricity and conflicts but the housing there is outstanding- the homes are cozy and very westernized! Also, I find the economy very good. There are shops that are expensive but I would say 90% of clothing stores in Lebanon specifically Beirut are very well priced not too mention the fashion style is awesome! Some good things about lebanon include Beirut's FABULOUS nightlife! They don't ever sleep! Shops and restaurants and cafes are open until like 3 a.m.! Also, the activities are amazing! You can go skiing in the mountains (Faraya), go to the numerous beaches with amazing beach restaurants, shop till you drop (so many stores), go to downtown beirut (have you ever seen downtown, its amazing), and have you ever been to Beirut Mall??? Beirut Mall has not only many westernized clothing stores but an outstanding kids area wit bumper cars and an indoor mini roller coaster....and you can go to water parks and pools (whenever we go to lebanon we go to a place called Aqua Park and its a blast with great food) or to Aley, a very nice city in mountains....also Lebanon is just so relaxing with amazing resorts! :) Another thing Lebanon is not only great for vacations but for education. There are many very good colleges such as American University of Beirut and Lebanese American University! Get your facts right! :)

The lebanese have become a very extrensic ,snobby people who live to rip each other off. Its not the same lebanon my parents grew up in. No Normal person would want to stay there. The scenary is amazing, the problem is the people.

• Moe

We went through a rough patch that perhaps no other country would have been able to go through, and we are still in the process of cleaning up the mess.

I used to hate Lebanon, with a passion. I would compare what it gave me and what Kuwait gave Kuwaitis then that hate was just fueled to greater extents. Then I realized through my friend's example that I've no place in the Gulf. The moment my friend's family became unemployed, they were forcefully deported from a country they inhabited for no forty years and this was considered fair game for any non-Khaleeji.

I know this much so far: I will graduate from university then I will be kicked out of the UAE, and if I do come back, the risk of getting kicked out will still loom on top of me the moment I choose to take a break from my job or quit. Not to mention the discrimination I'm forced to face here simply because I'm Lebanese.

Lebanon went through hell, worse and came back. We were forced to accept PLO activities, leading to a virtual occupation of the South by the Palestinians, then a civil war instigated by our own gullibility but also by external influences and players that benefited from Lebanon's devastation (and yes I'm looking at both Syria and the Gulf states). We figured we'd ask our Syrian 'brothers' for help only for them to occupy our land and worsen our situation. We had to get rid of the PLO, the Israelis, and the Syrians before we managed to properly free our country. As much as we want to believe we're completely independent we can't forget that we still have some land in the south still under Israeli occupation (though it is neglected more often than not).

The aftermath? Our constitution changed, an Arab identity was imposed (which was not present in our constitution until it was imposed on us), our resources siphoned, our economy crippled, and the warlords were granted amnesty. Worst of all? We were thrown with a sectarian rift that was at one point minimal.

Remove that mess aside, we still have to deal with the fact that those responsible for the civil war are still in power, those that mass-murdered people are roaming freely in Lebanon because of a law passed under Syrian influence to grant amnesty to all war criminals that lead to the death of 150,000 to 200,000 Lebanese, and the disappearance of another 100,000.

I'll repeat this once more: We went through a rough patch that perhaps no other country would have been able to go through, and we are still in the process of cleaning up the mess.

No it's not a bad thing i was living in australia and i came back to lebanon and i hate it it has become an ugly country.I was born in australia but lebanon is my country

• Abb_

a few years ago (when i was 11 or 12) my dad had had a job oportunity in Australia ... He asked us if we want to go there and i said no ... i was young back then and i really regret it ... Lebanon is beautiful and everything , of course i love lebanon but we have no futur here ... Lebanon is for rich people , i am really planning to leave it as soon as i get my degree ...

So you are not alone don't worry ...

Source(s): a lebanese .....

Yes it's normal, in fact I hate Lebanon, it can't be considered a country.

I love Venezuela.

i could never hate it, but i see what u mean. other countries like london, canada, the us etc have rules which gives citizens a peace of mind because the rules prevent fighting and such and theres more equality. everything in lebanon and other mid east countries is getting worse so i get what u mean. i like how other countries care more for citizensss :)

Source(s): God blesss !

I hate the lebanese

Source(s): Khaleeji