Why couldn't Ron Paul be the Warren G. Harding of 2012 in Tampa?

Dark horse Warren G. Harding didn't make it to the ballot in the 1020 GOP convention until the 10th vote in one of the most difficult GOP conventions in history. General Wood and Governor Lowden were the favorites, while Harding was considered an also-ran, without a prayer.

After about 5 days of voting, Warren G. Harding emerged as the GOP nominee and went on to win the general election in November, 1920 by the biggest landslide in recorded history.

Unless the Presidential nomination conventions are nothing more than rubber-stamp coronations of presumptive nominees these days, is it possible that dark horse Ron Paul could repeat the election of the 29th President of the United States? If not, why not? Explain why it would be impossible for Ron Paul to not repeat the events that took place at the GOP convention of 1920?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I hope so cause I hate Romney and his ilk.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

"Unless the Presidential nomination conventions are nothing more than rubber-stamp coronations of presumptive nominees these days". How about the fact that Ron Paul is simply not someone who could be elected? He was always dead last, I don't see how it's anyone's fault but his.

• 8 years ago

It is possible that it could happen but it is very unlikely personally I support Ron Paul but unless most of mitts delegates change their mind or some vote for their conscience Ron Paul will not get the nomination. Even so lawyers for Ron Paul are working hard. Best of luck to you.

• 8 years ago

Because this isn't 1920. The way conventions pick candidates has changed considerably. The primary system as we know it didn't exist back then.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

His Parents were going to name him that and instead went with two first names.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

OMFG do you people ever shut up about Ron Paul?

We get it, you like Ron Paul.

• 8 years ago

because MSNBC and Fox news werent around back then

• 8 years ago

lol

look he's lucky of they let him talk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.