I just burned my palm 20 minutes ago on the oven?

I put my hand on the oven not knowing it was still burnig hot. I put it under cold running water for 15 minutes.

there is no blisters yet. Its just pink and looks a bit like an old woma's hand. it doesnt look too bad but im still worried. will blisters suddenly form for some reason? what should i do???

Update:

I put it on the stove top actually. it's an electric stove

Update 2:

I've put cold water in aplastic bag an i lay my hands on it anytime i feel pain. it is so painful

Update 3:

btw is this first degree burn. my hand is red and dry but painful and there are no blisters

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you put flour on a burn it will immediately stop any pain you may have, and it will heal without blistering. Keep your hand in the flour for about 10 - 15 minutes. If you keep flour in the fridge it helps. Cold flour feels a lot better than room temperature flour

Source(s): experience
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

A fun treatment if it burned through your skin is honey. Just take a tiny bit and rub it into the raw tissue. This is really good for healing up burns. The raw flesh enjoys the sugar.

• 8 years ago

Rest your hand in cornstarch for a while, do that and use semi-warm water to rinse, and then do that several times today.

DO NOT USE THE BUTTER TRICK!!! IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE!

• 8 years ago

Put salt on it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

moisturizer?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.