Does anyone know details of Sweden's alleged sexual assault by Julian Assange?

What was his bail and is there any truth to these charges or is it a conspiracy to extradite him to the U.S.?

"In 2010, Swedish prosecutors in Stockholm issued warrants to question Assange about alleged sex crimes involving a pair of former WikiLeaks volunteers. Assange claims the charges are part of an international smear campaign stemming from WikiLeaks' publication of diplomatic cables.

After a brief international manhunt, Assange turned himself in to London police in December 2010. He was granted bail and placed under house arrest. After Assange's appeals to fight his extradition to Sweden were denied, he fled to the Ecuadorean Embassy."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/assange-ecuado...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Mainstream media provides only limited basic canvas statement "alleged assault charges". Why is that? So Assange bedded these 2 gals within a few days of each other and didn't contact either of them after and these two gals contacted each other, compared notes and realized neither used a condom. This is a case of simple revenge. Because the charges stem from a trumped-up little known law in Sweden which makes not using a condom an offense, now utilized for the insidious purpose to get back at Assange after being "dissed" (ignored). So these (2) women, who are way past the age of consent, conspired to exact vengeance, reported him and continue with some semblance of notoriety, albeit negative. Sad and pathetic Swedish groupies. Detailed story below w/link:

Apparently having consensual sex in Sweden without a condom is punishable by a term of imprisonment of a minimum of two years for rape. That is the basis for a reinstitution of rape charges against WikiLeaks figurehead Julian Assange that is destined to make Sweden and its justice system the laughing stock of the world and dramatically damage its reputation as a model of modernity….

The women here are near to and over 30 and have international experience, some of it working in Swedish government embassies. There is no suggestion of drugs nor identity concealment. Far from it. Both women boasted of their celebrity connection to Assange after the events that they would now see him destroyed for….

• 9 years ago

Wierd case. He slept with one woman who willingly had sex with him that night, but didn't want a morning re-run. He did and got his way. Thus, assault. He slept with a second where the condom broke. She called a halt but he didn't stop. Second assault. Both women -- after finding out about the other one -- went to the Swedish cops. A Swedish prosecutor (investigator) called our boy Julian in for questioning. He split, went to the UK. Swedes issued an international warrant -- still just for questioning. Brits complied with warrant, but gave Assange bail while Brit courts considered case. 200,000 Pounds bail, put up by supporters. Case went all the way to Brit Supreme Court, who found for Sweden. Assange bolted for Ecuador Embassy. Bail forfeited. Ecuador just granted him political asylum, but Brits say they will arrest him if he steps out of embassy. The game is still afoot. US is not a player; no extradition attempt by US. The guy is a self-centered users of others.

• 9 years ago

I whole heartedly believe the assault charges are a product of political meddling. Aside from the timing, everything about the allegations just seems odd. I mean who ever heard of extradition for sexual assault - I don't mean to play down the seriousness of such crimes but on several occasions over several years he has offered himself to interviews about the charges in the UK which Swedish authorities have stringently stonewalled.

Even if he is found guilty of sexual assault it's a moot point anyway because he won't serve a sentence in Sweden, they will pass him over to the US which has already openly declared their intention to have him extradited to answer for wikileak's for which they will seek the death penalty. Personally I think if that happens it will be a sad day for freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

Frankly anyone who expedites his extradition is a party to his murder in my book.

• Chris
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Source(s): yahoo search 'n me
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

The way I see it is if ASSange wasn't guilty then he wouldn't be running and hiding from the charges.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.