Why do doctors act so unprofessional?

When I went to get a pelvic exam, the doctors behaved really unprofessionally when they asked about my past sexual history and I told them I didn't have a sexual history. I've never done anything sexual with another person. They acted really weird and felt the need to comment on it, and they also asked me... show more When I went to get a pelvic exam, the doctors behaved really unprofessionally when they asked about my past sexual history and I told them I didn't have a sexual history. I've never done anything sexual with another person. They acted really weird and felt the need to comment on it, and they also asked me again...after I told them I've never had sex. I don't feel this is professional behavior. Is this a common thing? It makes me mad that they wouldn't bat an eye at a woman who had sex with 500 people, but an older virgin apparently is cause to behave unprofessionally. What can I do to avoid this in the future?
Update: Proud? Wha..the ****. It is their business, not so much that I'm a virgin, but my sexual history, since it's supposedly their job to make sure I'm healthy and okay. Just like a woman who'd had six partners or whatever would report that. I just don't like that they act unprofessional. I think... show more Proud? Wha..the ****.

It is their business, not so much that I'm a virgin, but my sexual history, since it's supposedly their job to make sure I'm healthy and okay. Just like a woman who'd had six partners or whatever would report that. I just don't like that they act unprofessional.

I think maybe the problem is they might think I'm lying.