Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

When Biden made his claim that Republicans would re-institute slavery what period of time was he referring to?

8/14/12 ABC News, VP Biden speaking to a largely black audience: "Romney wants to let the — he said in the first hundred days he’s going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, ‘unchain Wall Street.’ They’re going to put y’all back in chains.”

"They're going to put y'all back in chains" refers to past Republican Party racist policies. But the only confirmed racism of either party rests squarely on the backs of the democrat party:

-pbs.org: “The Klan quickly became a terrorist organization in service of the Democratic Party and white supremacy. Between 1869 and 1871 its goal was to destroy Congressional Reconstruction by murdering blacks -- and some whites -- who were either active in Republican politics or educating black children.”

-pbs.org: After [democrat] Wilson was elected in 1912 blacks were segregated or dismissed from federal positions.

-thewhitehousemuseum.org:The first film to be shown inside the White House was The Birth of a Nation, a racist epic that celebrates the Ku Klux Klan as America's saviors. Pres. Wilson [democrat] screened it in 1915 in part to repay a political debt to southern supporters, and such choices have tainted his place in American history ever since.

-6/11/12 npr.org: “One hundred members of Congress from the South — 19 senators and 81 representatives (96 Democrats and four Republicans) — present a "Declaration of Constitutional Principles" that criticized the Supreme Court in its Brown v. Board of Education decision for desegregating schools and protested civil rights initiatives.”

-During the 60’s all of the racist leaders were democrat: Bull Conner, Faubus, Fulbright. “During this period, they [KKK] often forged alliances with Southern police departments, as in Birmingham, Alabama; or with governor's offices, as with George Wallace of Alabama who, on his inauguration as governor of Alabama on January 14, 1963, proclaimed "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.” wikipedia

-Which party in the Senate supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act? Democrats 63%, Republicans 80%. In the House? Democrats 61%, Republicans 80%.

-Which party opposed the 1965 Civil Rights Act in the Senate? Democrats 27%; Republicans 6%. In the House? Democrats 22%; Republicans 18%.

-Dem. Senator Robert Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo: "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a ***** by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." He served in the Senate until 2010.

-Byrd created a new chapter of the KKK and rose to prominence as the "Grand Dragon" of the entire Mid-Atlantic states. (6/19/05 Washington Post)

So, democrats, inform us, educate us about when the Republican Party was as racist as your party.

silence...silence...silence

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Di
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Obama campaign has nothing to run on and Biden is shooting his mouth off as Obama wanted.

Joe Biden's Gaffes

August 2012: Joe Biden told an audience made up of several hundred black supporters in Danville, Virginia, that a win for Mitt Romney would put them 'back in chains' with his Wall Street financial deregulation plans.

January 2012: During speech at a manufacturing plant in New Hampshire the vice president spoke about outsourcing to India and put on a bad Indian accent while asking 'How many times do you get the call, 'I like to talk to you about your credit card.'

December 2010: During the swearing in of a Republican Senator Mark Kirk in Congress, Biden told the Capitol Hill newcomer to put that hand on the Bible and raise his left. According to the congressional rulebook, it should have been the other way round.

March 2010: He dropped the F-bomb during the signing of the administration’s historic health reforms, apparently unaware that the microphones would catch him out when he whispered into the President’s ear immediately before the announcement, declaring: 'This is a big f****** deal!'

March 2010: Mr Biden said 'God rest her soul' in reference to the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen. Mr Cowen's mother is alive; his father had died. Realising his misstep, he corrected with: 'God bless her soul'.

October 2008: Speaking in Athens, Ohio about John McCain's economic strategy, he said: 'Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs.'

September 2008: During a political rally in Missouri, he urged wheelchair-bound state senator Chuck Graham to rise and be recognised, saying: 'Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya.' Realizing his mistake, he said: ‘Oh, God love you… what am I talking about?’

September 2008: After he was named the vice presidential nominee, he addressed a crowd in Nashua, New Hampshire, questioning how he beat out Hillary Clinton: 'Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America,' he said in New Hampshire. 'Quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me.'

August 2008: He also mixed up Barack Obama’s name at his first campaign rally with the president, introducing him as: 'A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States - Barack America!'

Joe Biden is ignorant, divisive and hopefully will soon be irrelevant. The man is a walking verbal nightmare who keeps getting away with his deliberate mischief.

• His comment is indecipherable. Biden doesn't even know what century we are in.

Palin may have been uneducated. But Biden is dumb. The former condition can be remedied; the latter cannot.

• 5 years ago

People today, who proudly claim to be racist and who believe that blacks are sub-human tend to vote overwhelmingly Republican

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.