I went vege, and abruptly at that, and aren't missing meat at all.
you must consider that there are different types:
1)ovo lacto- they eat eggs
2)lacto- they don't
3)peskiterian- they eat eggs and fish
4)vegan- u no.
I'd recommend it for many reasons:
1)ovo lacto life expectancy is bigger than meat eaters, lacto can be in the 90s, and peskiterians live for god damn ever. (that's the Japanese secrete).
2)It makes eating at a restaurant easier
3) it gives you access to so many other cultures and interesting lifestyles.
4) you're not eating animals that do nothing but sit in cages all day.
5) you're taste buds don't indure the harshness of meat, so can taste more flavour.
6) meat eaters are the graves of the animals they eat!
7) you significantly reduce the chances of food poisoning.
8) you are prone to a lot less illnesses. (although I'm not sure about vegans).
9) you can show society that you have willpower, independent personality and aren't limited by popular belief.
10) It is true that humans were made to eat meat, but only the meat they could capture; IE: about once a week.
11) you understand a lot more about where your food came from
12) Food becomes a lot cheaper- so you can spend money on other things
13) vegetarian food is easier to cook
14) It's environmentally friendly. (for every kg of meat, you had to give the animal 10kg of vegetables/other meat).
15) a lot of tropical forest is burnt to make room for- you guessed it- cattle pasture
16) you stop gaining a lot of weight. (this happened to me)(although if you eat a lot of sugars and no fibre you'll still gain weight).
17) and finally, you help preserve the animal life of the planet. Imagine a world where cows were rare, no birds in the trees, no trees at that, which means no wood, which can lead to all kinds of crap.
whatever choice you make I hope you make it with reason.
been vege for 3 years