Help, my speed dial master lock won't unlock out of its packaging!?

Today I went to Staples and bought a Speed Dial MasterLock [the one that you open by sliding the thing in a combination of ups, downs, lefts, and/or rights] for my gym locker. I opened the bottom part of the packaging that has papers with the preset combination. I followed the instructions, clearing the lock by pressing/squeezing 2 times and then proceeded to do the preset combination. It didn't open and I tried this another 100 times. It still won't open.

Sorry if the category is irrelevant, Yahoo doesn't have anything else that's even as close to master locks :(

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i did the same thing,only thing i could think of is someone had it bfore you,and played with it,bfore reading instructions,i took mine back,and got one with key,love it lol

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

Well, I had one for about 5 months that worked fine until yesterday. Suddenly, out of the blue, it won't take the combination anymore. I would not recommend this lock!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Please double check the preset combination. Mine was up down right up but due to habit I kept doing up down right left!!!

After I finally figured out the correct combination I have not had an issue with this lock! I love it, not going back to keyed locks!

Source(s): Personal experience!
  • 4 years ago

I had the same problem. I tried up down right down and it worked although the preset in the instructions said something else. Keep trying and it might work for you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.