Help, my speed dial master lock won't unlock out of its packaging!?

Today I went to Staples and bought a Speed Dial MasterLock [the one that you open by sliding the thing in a combination of ups, downs, lefts, and/or rights] for my gym locker. I opened the bottom part of the packaging that has papers with the preset combination. I followed the instructions, clearing the lock by... show more Today I went to Staples and bought a Speed Dial MasterLock [the one that you open by sliding the thing in a combination of ups, downs, lefts, and/or rights] for my gym locker. I opened the bottom part of the packaging that has papers with the preset combination. I followed the instructions, clearing the lock by pressing/squeezing 2 times and then proceeded to do the preset combination. It didn't open and I tried this another 100 times. It still won't open.

Sorry if the category is irrelevant, Yahoo doesn't have anything else that's even as close to master locks :(